FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
ARE YOU ONLY FOR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS?
- Although we are not affiliated with the University of Louisiana, we attract a lot of student renters due to our proximity to campus and lease setup.
WHAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL LEASE?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in otherwords you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
ARE YOU PET-FRIENDLY?
- Yes! The Quarters is pet-friendly! There is a one-time fee of $300 and monthly pet rent of $25. Please call our office to learn more about our pet policy!
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ROOMMATES IN MIND?
- That's no problem at all! We can pair you up with people who have similar lifestyles, interests, etc. All you need to do is fill out our Roommate Matching Form and leave the rest to us!
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
- We have an off-street parking lot for residents (which is only $25 for the year) and plenty of visitor parking too.
HOW CAN I PAY MY RENT?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with check or money order. If you prefer to pay with credit or debit card, you can set up one-time or recurring payments through our Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents tab on the left hand side of our website and you will be redirected.
DO I NEED A LEASE GUARANTOR?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor for student applications. We might also require an additional security deposit for international applicants. Call us for more information!
ARE UTILITIES INCLUDED?
- We include water, sewer, trash collection and pest control. There is a $12 water fee you will pay each month with rent.
- We also include a $30 per person electric allowance. Overages are billed monthly and can be paid with the following month's rent.
IS RENTER'S INSURANCE REQUIRED?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance.
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.